Jeepin.com Forums

Jeepin.com Forums (https://www.jeepin.com/forum/index.php)
-   Jeep Talk (https://www.jeepin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I went wheeling (https://www.jeepin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179)

Hoofmann 06-26-2018 10:23 PM

I went wheeling

Not sure how to get pics up

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H9vcLcN59wsCrzp99

Chinaman Gulch in Buena Vista, Colorado. 6-8 on the scale and had some pretty cool obstacles. We didn’t touch carnage canyon, only the RZR had a winch.

Enjoy!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gGbki521i3YwGXXz7

6DoF 06-27-2018 06:21 AM

i really want to get out there and play, every time you guys post CO pics it looks great

MBood82 06-27-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6DoF (Post 12677)
i really want to get out there and play, every time you guys post CO pics it looks great

I was actually just thinking the other day about how, now that I live halfway across the country already, it wouldn't be that bad a drive to go out to Colorado and do some of the mountain trails with my truck. Not necessarily the more extreme rides that the guys with the buggies do but maybe get to meet up with them. Probably a few years before I'll have the vacation time to do it, already have a few trips scheduled next year (Jamaica!) but should get it on the bucket list...

nblehm 06-27-2018 10:15 AM

I took the Cherokee up the line the Toyota went up on whale rock :roflmao:

Cherokee had a rough day.

Hoofmann 06-27-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nblehm (Post 12683)
I took the Cherokee up the line the Toyota went up on whale rock :roflmao:

Cherokee had a rough day.

I think you should start turning that Cherokee into a crawler. Get some tons and start fabbing stuff. :)

My friend Paul’s Taco is a very capable crawler. It has a trail gear front housing and a 4 cylinder so it’s super light and usually shows up the higher dollar rigs and makes me wish I would have started with a pickup of some sort. :lol:

Dof and Boob, any time! Let’s go wheelin! :chug:

nblehm 06-27-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofmann (Post 12688)
I think you should start turning that Cherokee into a crawler. Get some tons and start fabbing stuff. :)

:yuk:

freerider15 06-27-2018 01:00 PM

Looks like fun!

I'll get my schit back together and we can go hit some stuff a little more challenging (but not too too crazy for ya :D).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofmann (Post 12688)
... and makes me wish I would have started with a pickup of some sort. :lol:

Dof and Boob, any time! Let’s go wheelin! :chug:

Until you get tired of high centering on everything, bob the bed, and wish you had started out with something shorter :lol:

Hoofmann 06-27-2018 01:19 PM

Funny story from this weekend, I brought the girl wheeling and we were going up the trail and I asked her if she was scared yet. She told me she wasn’t and I told her that I have now had this Jeep on much tougher trails.

Just as I said,“this thing won’t break today” the steering wheel lost feeling and I could no longer steer. It ended up being the factory steering shaft coupling came off the shaft because it just wasn’t tight. I busted out the tools and had it fixed back up in 20 minutes but it was hilarious how I had to put my foot in my mouth. :lol:

freerider15 06-27-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoofmann (Post 12694)
...i brought the girl wheeling...

Hoofmann 06-27-2018 04:46 PM

:cotter:

Cobound 06-28-2018 08:16 AM

The only girl I saw was in the driver's seat :p

Nice, I did that trail back in '00 w/ my XJ, with the guys from Tomken, haven't been back there since, only driven through.

Good to see you out with it pretty regularly now, wish I could do the same. I did drive the JK to work today, so I'll count that as use :lol:

Hoofmann 06-28-2018 08:43 AM

I know, I’m still a little apprehensive on the trail because of wanting to get home. It’s built pretty stout now so I can afford to hammer down, I just don’t have the confidence in it yet. I’ll get there.

6DoF 06-28-2018 11:15 AM

this is why the TJ ... road trip out there, wheel some ****, and road trip home. would be a great vacation

freerider15 06-28-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofmann (Post 12717)
I know, I’m still a little apprehensive on the trail because of wanting to get home. It’s built pretty stout now so I can afford to hammer down, I just don’t have the confidence in it yet. I’ll get there.

Let's plan on an Indy trip in couple-a-few months. Should have the buggy up by then. We could make it an all day ordeal and camp overnight as well if desired.

Hoofmann 06-28-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freerider15 (Post 12735)
Let's plan on an Indy trip in couple-a-few months. Should have the buggy up by then. We could make it an all day ordeal and camp overnight as well if desired.

The trail makes me fukkin nervous. That said, let’s do it!

freerider15 06-28-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofmann (Post 12741)
The trail makes me fukkin nervous. That said, let’s do it!

I can understand that feeling, but it's going to be one of the harder trails to shake down on, that if something happens its short, camp/parking/tow rigs are just a short walk, etc.

I'd like to do it forwards, backwards, and everything in between :lol:

nblehm 06-28-2018 10:52 PM

Evan indy will be no problem for your jeep.

Hoofmann 06-29-2018 09:28 AM

Nate, what’s up? You going to build another crawler or what?

nblehm 06-29-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofmann (Post 12756)
Nate, what’s up? You going to build another crawler or what?

Short answer yes. When I dont know. May just try and unload the Camaro and buy something. My motivation for car projects is starting to lack. I have a whole rig built in my head. Just if I want to do the work :lol:

Hoofmann 07-10-2018 10:29 PM

I’m headed to spring creek on Saturday morning. I’ll be running it with a guy I know but haven’t been wheeling with yet. He has a YJ and it’s more built than mine; trailer queen.

I’d like to extend the invite, I have an open seat. It’d be trailhead at 9:00am so we’d leave Denver a little after 8:00.