View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 10:42 AM   #14
Dennis
Semper Fi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog0 View Post
But the M151 was still being used even that late in the game. Even if it was in limited use. I simply brought it up as an indicator of how long the HMMWV could hang around in motorpools. Hell the Combat Engineer guard unit in my home town had M60AVLBs long after the regular Army had phased them out, even though they would have been in support of M1 Abrams tanks. Guess what wont fit across an M60AVLB's bridge without removing the little guard rails off the side haha.

Would be neat to see it in or under a 53 though. I rebuilt T64 gas turbines for 5 years. Those aren't in the K models but I still have a spot in my heart for 53s

The last 3 years I was in I spent on V22s. My least favorite aircraft as a passenger haha.
I love the Osprey except going from Airplane mode to Helo mode. It is like slamming on the brakes and your stomach reminding you that you ate too much three days ago.

We had BARC/LARCs built in 1953 out in Desert Storm, my grandkids will have Humvees around when it is their turn to do whatever.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote