View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 05:05 PM   #28
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

Welp, was noticing the drivers front shackle was crooked. Looks like when I bent the spring I also bent the frame and started to tear the shackle mount off. The frame seemed be flexing a ton on the last trail and a half so started looking around more. Also found a crack down the passenger side frame rail by the grille and that I broke the front crossmember off the frame on the passenger side. So the Willys is on light duty for a bit.

My buddy has now broken 2 Dana 25 lockers in 3 wheeling trips, which has me nervous to lock mine. Narrow track d30 bolt in but have been kind of hard to find around here. This set popped up on Facebook so I bought it just in case. Now have a full set of spares for the 25 and 41 and a Dana 30 front. I wasn’t trying to modify this a ton, but want stout axles for the 7.5-16 tires I’m going to run. Also probably going to run a Saginaw steering box instead of the Ross steering. Trying to find a good mix of og Willys and something I can wheel decently hard (for what it is)

And just because I like the view
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote