View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 06:49 AM   #67
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

been a little while since i got to make a mess with the grinders actually, this was a good weekend!

started off by getting the bolt-in motor mount support brackets removed to make room for the new TDI ones. realized that the drivers bracket was also some support bracing for the track bar bracket ... wanna keep that. chopped up the bracket to it's most basic support for that and got it in paint. this now bolts in completely separate of the new engine mounts.

then moved on to getting the intercooler mounted. picked this dual pass on amazon before realizing it's actually the most common XJ intercooler used, but requires moving the radiator back. easy enough with this crazy short motor, it's only body to worry about. the lower mounts are a basic tab to move the rubber grommet back 1.25", then the upper mounts i moved 5/8" in the mount at the rad, and another 5/8" in the mount at the core support. i wanted to be able to get a new radiator easy later. had to clearance some of the surrounding sheet metal, but it was all non-structural gap close-out sheet anyways. the intercooler mount is 5/8" power steering hose over the post mount, slid into a steel tube. rubber mounted ftw, so the upper is the same 5/8" hose up to the core support and just a bolt clamping it down.

Last edited by 6DoF; 10-10-2022 at 06:52 AM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote