View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 07:40 AM   #106
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

after a short vacation south to visit some family and my sisters new boat, back at it. the 3" skyjacker lift is all finished up and i gained over 4.25" from stock. hopefully it settles some, and i still need to add a steel front bumper. not the highest quality lift i've ever used, but was nice for the money and had dual rate front coils. the dual rate really are the way to go.

not sure when i'll get the 31s, sooner if the inspection mechanic hates on the dryrot starting in these

got the injector seals and got the .216's installed ... ran basically the same as with the stock injectors. was really hoping that would smooth things out. maybe a little, but still doesn't run well. actually drove the jeep around the house and driveway a bit, then even down the road a little to check things out. once i get it running like it should, this thing is going to be awesome.

found out on the TDI forum that the Hans pump and injectors i bought are probably bad. he's a swindler who's been around for over a decade with like 100 different websites as they get shut down. before i send this pump/injectors to someone who knows what they are doing for rebuild/recalibration i want to make SURE it's nothing else. compression tester shows up on Wed, and i re-checked the crank-cam timing while i swapped the belt tensioner to be correct, and all that was good. to get the vac pump off the cam for the timing lock i had to get a little creative, i love it when custom tools work really well!

i am having one big issue though ... i can't keep the pump timing! obvious witness marks from the bolts on the pump sprocket moving around on the hub. it's slipped on me a few times and I'm obviously missing something cuz i've only run it a few very short times. i have even found it both advanced and retarded from where i set it before running. worst case i'll have to pin it into a non-adjustable.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote