View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 10:20 AM   #165
xj_man_646

Send a message via AIM to xj_man_646 Send a message via MSN to xj_man_646

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath View Post
You have a polebarn with a concrete floor. You're out of excuses. Yes, I too like watching jeepnski work but I'm not making excuses.
Right...as I'm sure you're willing to work with no heat in winter and in a shop where it exceeds ambient in the summer.

To be honest I'm considering biting the bullet and installing some better lighting and the 2 post with 220 circuit this summer so I can do something in there (installing the PEX tubing prior to concrete only took a couple hours, but it was so hot in the barn that I ended up puking my brains out due to heat exhaustion).

The problem is that the project of upgrading the electrical snowballs very quickly because I need an all new run from the meter, which requires trenching almost 200' across both legs of my driveway. Or I could get another meter installed where the power company would do the trenching to the barn from wherever they need to....not sure which route to go yet. I only have 60A to the barn as it is now, and what I described is what it takes to get more than 100A out there.

That is enough for now, I don't want to clog up his thread too much

I like diesels

Last edited by xj_man_646; 01-27-2023 at 10:26 AM.
xj_man_646 is offline   Reply With Quote