View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 07:45 AM   #208
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
You definitely have options to choose from when youre bored
sometimes i have to schedule being bored, it's nice.

so i hadn't touched this little thing for probably 5 or 6 weeks cuz i was mad at it, and had enough else to do. decided to stick a battery back in it and take it for a spin monday, even drove it to work today. it's really pretty decent and i think it's a solid plan ... just not a finished execution yet. most issues are just stuff i've not gotten to yet.

things to redo:
- engine mounts ... i didn't believe ppl when they said don't use poly. they also need moved closer to the engine CG to control it better. to do this right might require a new manifold and turbo relocation.
- Headliner ... i didn't clean the old foam off like an idiot and it fell again. it was **** reusing the fabric anyways, so not the worst, i already have the new material and the liner pulled.
- front end alignment with pinion adjustment

Jeep things to do:
- Trade a buddy who wants my NV3550 for his AX15 that i want, rebuild the AX15 and install it. is a direct bolt-in swap.
- Install a locker or posi in the back, this one wheel peal sh!t sux
- BigBoy seat brackets, down n back for head and leg room
- new radio cuz worst aftermarket unit eeeevvveerrr. i'll probably use the android unit from the TJ n try something different there.
- find parasitic 12v draw n stop it
- clean side molding sticky off doors
- clearcoat hood n roof
- fix end stops on drivers window motor

VW things to do:
- swap temp sensor cuz this one reads way off. hopefully this will fix the over-fueling once warm.
- figure out why it starts so hard with the key, but bump starts awesome
- cruise control switches and wiring
- wire temp sender wire out from vw ecu to jeep harness input
- figure out better way to trick the jeep ECU to read the CPS for tach. the relay i'm using currently doesn't work 20% of the time
- build compound turbo ... cuz reasons
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote