View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 07:04 AM   #219
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

got my AX15 ready for rebuild! that turned into an interesting day

so it's a 99 i traded for. 3550 for ax-15 but mine came in this pile. the whole TJ is just junk, like epic junk. when i knew everything was going to fight me, i decided to just can-opener this b!tch and have easy access. a few minutes with some wire cutters, grinder, and a recip she was ready. i just ran the recip thru the frame mounts for the body. wife drove the truck, i messed with what i missed cutting. only had to get the e-brake cables, and turns out the fuel rail can lift the front end before it breaks best part was, by not cutting the drivers mounts, it just laid right back down on the frame! re-filled with BS and she's ready for scrapping.

you can see in the one pic how rusty the clutch is. the whole inside of the bell housing looks like this might need an exorcism vs a rebuild. the 231 was actually frozen to the trans, i ended up breaking the front case half a few places pretty bad before it finally came off. trans is clean though. saved a few other parts for selling or hording.

next step, rebuild.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote