View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #76
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofmann View Post
Looking good!

Any plans for the steering arms? While Chevy knuckles are a bit stronger than the Ford ones on my Jeep, the studs are also a weak point, especially when you add hydraulic steering. The keyed knuckles and hi-steer arms seem to be the best solution.

Also, I love that rear 9" build with the 8-lug, full float outers. Makes me want one.
Thanks! fawk i'm excited to go play!

right now i'm not doing anything special with the arms. they are non-keyed basic arms, springless, but they are drilled for the 5th bolt. with the 3/4" tie bolt going to the factory steer arm, and the tie rod being way closer to the factory arm than the high steer, i'm much less concerned. my only thought right now has been to run a nut/bolt into the 5th hole and then weld the nut hard solid to the knuckle.

i really love this rear axle design, it's why i duplicated it to the YJ from the TJ. my only complaints are around the seals. the inner seals actually took me a pretty good learning curve, think i have em now. the pre-lube and assembly order are KEY. also the main spindle seal on the hub isn't made to be an oil bath, just grease. so when the inners leak ... the outer will.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote