View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 10:28 AM   #49
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

so it's officially back in the shop, and it's officially 1.9 TDI time! more specifically, MTDI time! i'm working thru prepping the jeep while figuring out all the parts i need and getting them ordered. a buddy is coming up on the weekend of the 15th to play and hopefully get it running/driving that weekend.

fuel tank is out, cleaned out, and return line figured. i have ordered everything needed for the fuel system including a new fuel sock, fuel filter, and tank filler lines. the factory jeep tank/pump will run diesel up to a dead-headed PSI reg and then into the injection pump.

i even get to use the stock ASD, starter, and all the gauges pretty easy. obviously fuel, volt, and speed are all stock still. oil psi and coolant just requires getting the jeep senders into the TDI. the tach runs off the CPS, and i'm using the stock trans/flywheel so that's a bolt in, but the ECU needs a single cam position sensor pulse to wake it all up. some guys wire it to a button, some piggy back the CPS, others install a relay that closes with the starter relay to short the cam wires and send a single pulse. the last one is my plan.

ordered a 3-in-1 gauge like i put in Hank for EGT, boost, and fuel PSI

got the center console ripped out, shifter is gone, but the stupid floor plate is stuck because the t-case shifter bracket screws have all spun the nut-cerst. freaking lame, but easy enough.

bought the trans adapter from Whitbread performance, and conversion engine mounts from TDI Conversions. got the MTDI pump and bigger injectors from Hans auto parts. biggest injectors i could, so that was stupid. also got the 12mm injection pump, also too much fuel ... so it's probably going to suck to tune without it smoking.

6DoF is online now   Reply With Quote