View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 06:56 PM   #66
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

So while the Wagoneer runs, it still needs a bunch of stuff. Fuel system is done, wiring is done but needs cleaned up and loomed. Needs exhaust, driveshafts, shocks, front clip put back on. It is getting there but slowly. Is good to be able to turn the key and it fires up though. My plan was to get it moving and driving before working on the flat fender but my procrastination has killed that and being 3 weeks from EJS I need to focus on the flat fender and my truck.

Flat fender is very broken. I didnt realize how bad the frame is and probably how long it has been broken (though I didnt do it any favors last summer) So a bunch of parts got delievered started today.

Goals for EJS:
Frame repair
New front leaf springs
narrow trac 30 swapped in (regeared and locked)
Saginaw steering swap
Fix brake lights
Added a roll bar from a CJ5
Winch?
I also got a AA 3.15 gear set for the tcase and lower gears for the transmission but dont think that will here in time.

With the roll bar my old TJ bkini top kind of fits

I have now taken 4 front clips off of projects and so far none of them have ever ran again. Hoping to break that trend

Passenger fender was welded on

fixed with this

frame is broken

hydraulic winch cut out

front bumper cut off

Frame spread about 1.5" when I removed the bumper so ratchet strapped in back together

Thats is where we stand. I am going back and forth with just cutting the frame off at the motor mounts and building new, but will probably just box and fix the frame.

Frame spread about 1.5" after cutting the bumper off
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote