View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 03:18 PM   #18
xj_man_646

Send a message via AIM to xj_man_646 Send a message via MSN to xj_man_646

You're correct that cars are becoming less and less of the overall environmental 'issue', but that is because of how clean they are already. It drives me nuts that CARB is still chasing air quality improvements from light duty vehicles when the new ones are already likely cleaning the air in the LA basin. IMO, they have done pretty much all they can reasonably do, but they are a .gov operation so they will continue to try to justify their existence until nothing is using fossil fuels anymore .

FWIW...Right to Repair technically enables you to have access to the OEM level information and tools. Likely won't be cheap though.

I've got some experience driving vehicles from nearly 10 years ago that has adaptive cruise and some other fancy stuff. I haven't experienced any drivers aids that were broken or malfunctioning, even on one such FCA product . To me, it seems that newer vehicles have an easier time lasting longer than older ones. I.e.: When I bought my 8 year old 2005 GMC, it had significantly more wrong with it than my 9 year old 2013 Ford (both of which had over 200k miles at the time of purchase).

I like diesels

Last edited by xj_man_646; 09-15-2022 at 03:20 PM.
xj_man_646 is offline   Reply With Quote