View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 10:42 AM   #148
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

so into the actual 5600 swap. after riding with a buddy who had a 5600 truck, I'm starting to get excited for this.

first things first, new engine mounts to make sure the engine is in the right place before i build a trans mount. obviously needed anyways though, engine picked up almost 1/2". while things were apart i also did a rear main seal.

got the 2ng gen trans adapter on there easy enough, but the 2nd gen starter does hit the frame. now i have the back of the engine jacked up n held higher at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to add some clearance in there. new Valair street dual disc, everything about it just seams better than the SB. design, not old vs new.

didn't get a picture, but beat the pinch seam up flat to the body for bell clearance.

i was pretty sure the 5600 was longer from my research, but it's not all that different. also excited to be able to use the clocking ring now that I'm making a crossmember and get the front shaft angles way better. i bet the bell height is still the same or better :LOL:

nv5600 vs G360:
(from bell housing, just realizing i didn't measure the trans adapter thickness)
-5.5" longer with clocking ring (5-1/8" longer without)
-shifter is only 2.25" further back

*EDIT: trans adapters ... 1.125" longer for the 2nd gen. (2nd Gen: 2-3/8" ; 1st Gen: 1-1/4")

so this means my t-case actually moves back 6-5/8". The shifter moves back 3-3/8"

Last edited by 6DoF; 02-27-2023 at 06:52 AM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote