View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 03:04 PM   #27
myjeepsbigger
~ Jitterbug ~

Tons of late nights going into this thing, trying to get ready for the KOH trip. I've temporarily wired power to the engine harness and had it running. Sounds AWESOME. Plumbed brakes, added Wilwood proportioning valve, regeared axles (5.13) and installed Zip locker in the front, Grizzly in the rear, made PCM mount, finished engine/trans/power steering cooler mounts and plumbing (all AN lines), framed-out the center floor portion and started on the cage. WHEW! Only a few pics to share.

The cage is just the start. I want to use it to help support the body (since it's basically just a skin now), as well as protect in case of a roll. But there isn't much much room at the B-pillar (this thing is narrow), so I recessed the B-pillar cage tubes into the body. I'll eventually sheet over them, to make it clean. Cage will be tied to the rockers and the frame.

I still need to get the rest of the interior sheetmetal done, cage done, some sort of dash made (possibly just temporary for now), and get it wired all within the next week-and-a-half.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg floor.jpg (96.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg cage.jpg (95.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg handle.jpg (46.6 KB, 11 views)
myjeepsbigger is offline   Reply With Quote