Thread: JK vs. JL
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 08:02 AM   #16
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Send a message via AIM to MBood82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
For what it's worth, my buddy tossed in that CF kit and still hated driving it, he tossed a ton of money at it to "fix" it...he's a hard core manual guy as well, but finally gave in and says he has no regrets.

I mean, he had the 3.6, the 5.7 and now a diesel...hands down, diesel auto for the win.

I know it sucks going round and round to test drive stuff...but, armed w/ what you now have, I do think that is your best bet, next steps, if you truly want one still.

Know this, it'll be easy to find a 3.6 or diesel auto, but good luck finding the manual...you'll probably find a 5.7 swap before you find a stick on a lot...they just don't sell, and if they are used it's cuz someone sold it to get an auto

And to make it even more difficult - in a 2 door

Good luck..I'll toss something on here if I see anything pop up
Seems I should just stick with the JK then. I'm not budging on the manual, and the 2 door I'd only give up if there was a perfect example of a V8 swap already done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblehm View Post
TJ all day. They cost as much as a jk because they are better.
I've driven and worked on both. For what I'm doing, the JK seems the better buy. I'll miss the 4.0 but the suspension seems much improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
now you did it ... you got B started and now manual trans are the next trump
I'd rather argue manual vs auto then politics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
x2

TJ-Unlimited if you are feeling spunky
I'd love one, always thought they were the cats ass. But holy unicorn... Rare to be rust free and expensive as all get out even rusted out!
MBood82 is offline   Reply With Quote