View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 12:43 PM   #155
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblehm View Post
I am not liking the direction of the exhaust so far, but the rest of the build is turning out sweet so I will trust the process.
is there anything specific that's messing with your eye/head more than another?

i chose the 5" for the deeper tone that'll be less expected, and higher flow if/when i build this thing out. the resonator under the cab won't be seen, then the muffler side pipe will fit between the cab and the wheel house with the wheel house being wider. off the back of the muffler will be some kind 45 out and probably a "teardrop" style cut pipe for the tip. since the law requires a heat shield, i'll most likely just use a TI wrap. i'll wrap everything turbo to back of the cab anyways. a little ratty, a little street-rod, something different. plus having the muffler and resonator should keep things "quiet" but sound nice, especially with the tip at least 4ft behind the cab.

as for black smoke on the fender, that's just proper rat .

so i got to talking to a buddy who also isn't thrilled with my side pipe, he was suggesting (demanding) a y-pipe and splitting the 5" into dual 3.5" pipes out the back. can't go under the axle b/c of the travel, and with the bags, shocks, cross member, WATTs link, and the giant 14b housing ... i just can't without some major re-engineering.

best case probably would be to put 2 4" ID tubes thru the 3" shock cross member and reinforce it. from the mufflers under the cab a full 90 up and full 90 back to get over the suspension mount, then the Y, then thru the cross member holes outside the upper shock mounts, then full 90 dive straight down between the axle and WATTs, and another full 90 under it to go out wherever. physically possible, but shatty.
6DoF is online now   Reply With Quote