View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 10:59 AM   #19
myjeepsbigger
~ Jitterbug ~

Don't have much for pic-worthy updates, but I've been knocking out the floor structure. It's been tough. With the engine pushed back to clear the front axle, t-case clocked up to keep a flat belly, frame channeled up 6" or so, and cab chopped 3", there isn't much room left! And the fact that I had to cut out the entire floor to make it all work. So, it's really been a challenge. I decided to frame it all out with 1/2 x 1/2 square tubing, just to give the sheetmetal a little extra structure (knowing that there are going to be a lot of irregular shapes, in order to maximize interior space, and still be able to work on it.) and to help me visualize where to start. That center access panel is all riv-nutted with 10-24 screws. There will be similar panels on the sides of the bellhousing pieces. So, anyway, here's a few pics. All the welds will eventually be ground down and the whole thing sprayed with Lizard Skin or something similar, then likely some removeable outdoor carpet. Once I get the steering column set, I'll work on seat position, then pedals, then fab up a removeable dash. It's probably going to be multiple removeable panels, so I can pull it apart for service.

Did all my radiator mounts yesterday. It's mounted off of the frame, instead of the grille. That's the only way I could do it with the big PSC box in the way, and given the remaining vertical room that I had to work with. It's pitched back slightly, and will hopefully give me enough room to mount the trans and engine oil coolers...and a A/C condenser later down the road. I did the upper and lower mounts, and shroud, out of 18ga.

Oh, and my seats have been a debacle, too. I have two nice power/heated leather buckets that I was going to use, but they simply won't fit. The power mechanism on the passenger side will not clear the transfer case. And they are VERY heavy. So, I've given up and gone to a split bench seat. I think my kid and dog will like riding up there, anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg access 1.jpg (94.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg interior 2.jpg (94.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg radiator lower mount 1.jpg (95.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg radiator lower mount 2.jpg (89.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg radiator lower mount 3.jpg (94.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by myjeepsbigger; 12-14-2020 at 11:07 AM.
myjeepsbigger is offline   Reply With Quote