View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 10:42 AM   #35
myjeepsbigger
~ Jitterbug ~

Cage outer perimeter skeleton is done, rear floor done, wiring finished enough to verify that it starts, runs and revs up again. Wiring took me two full days, and I'm still not finished. There is the Painless fuse block/harness that will handle most of the body/lights, then a separate fuse block for the powertrain, and another relay box for Starter, Fuel pump, Cooling fan, and the N/C brake 12V signal to the Throttle Module (needed to make cruise control work). Took me a while to get the tab geometry just right on that rear hatch window, too. That pivot has to be just right, or the supports will bind on the window frame, or the body, as you close the window. When they're perfect, it clears both by just a freckle.

Edit: And before anyone makes a comment on "all the plain white wires"... Those are each going to an ignition-on circuit in the computer harness. For anyone that's had one of these harnesses apart, you know that they're all pink. Well, I couldn't find a spool of pink wire. I still have each of them labeled with tape at the firewall. That will all be covered with wire loom, but the labelling is still there if I ever need to troubleshoot a circuit.

The list of stuff is trimming down, but I still have this to do before leaving for KOH Friday morning:

Dash fab
gauges
Shifter & mount
Lights
Rear tailgate
door latches
winch
Currie sway bar
Radiator puke tank
battery mount
seats and seatbelts
alignment
sheetmetal cage dimple die tie-ins
rebleed brakes and power steering
top off gear oil
windows/lexan
Door sill sheetmetal
Air supply to Zip locker

That doesn't include getting my truck serviced, checking over the trailer, packing tools, etc. Fukk. I'm going to need a vacation after my vacation.

Few pics attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cage.jpg (92.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg floor.jpg (95.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Hatch.jpg (93.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg wiring.jpg (96.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by myjeepsbigger; 01-25-2021 at 11:01 AM.
myjeepsbigger is offline   Reply With Quote