View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #27
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
hauling a full-size 40 as a spare seams kind of ridiculous ... only reason i have a full-size 37 is because it was free. if going out over-landing for an expedition i could see it, like in racing, it'll be needed for extended use (i guess you kind of do that stuff). but when off-road, just keep one on the trailer ... or if you really want one around town just use a 35. it'll get you home that ONE time you use it, and be soooooo much less intrusive every day.
Well, it came w/ my Jeep...and I like having things match, to boot. Otherwise, I don't run it locally, only when I head out on a long haul. Like the upcoming 3k mile round trip I'm about to take to Moab - and I've been known to lose a sidewall on occasion when I'm on the trail

I've talked to a lot of peeps about the spare...and they all say to take one when overlanding, period. So I will, I do.

I'm not going to store it inside either, that's valuable space waste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
I like the rear door hinge extensions! I think Ill have to pick up a pair. Even with my small kids getting them in can be a pain.
Word. My kids are both grown now, but even an adult needs more room to get in these things than those doors provide
Putting gear back there is what I do mostly now...and they are AWESOME!

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote