View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 10:10 AM   #50
freerider15
shoplifter fail

Send a message via AIM to freerider15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblehm View Post
What v6 are you swapping in for "a little more cost" that has more power than a lq9? It would have to have forced induction and that hads more than a little cost plus the packaging. I dont think everything needs an ls swap but it power to money spent wise they are hard to beat and are a failry small package for a v8

I was driving a 14 srt grand cherokee yesterday, while it was nice and i could definitely daily drive one, wasnt all that impressed wirh the 6.4
Well, I take that back, not "more" power per say, but about the same and thus giving it a better power/weight ratio.

The LFX is the one that many guys have been gravitating towards. About the same-ish cost as an LQ9 itself. Yes, more work since the LQ4/LQ9 and family are the SB350 of yesteryear, and have lots of support.

Numbers on it are ~323HP/278ft-lb. at least in the Camaro version. (Yes torque is a chunk lower).

Tuning and some playing around (like any modern engine) can bump those numbers.

I agree it's hard to beat the LQ engines in terms of cost to performance, but I'm not sure I'd lean in their direction for anything I'd be rolling on, unless maybe I got one cheap for a Willys project (but I'd still likely just find a cheap 5.3L).

Last edited by freerider15; 08-14-2020 at 10:12 AM.
freerider15 is offline   Reply With Quote