View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 06:47 AM   #48
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerider15 View Post
You do realize many modern V6's come stock with more power than an LQ9, right? Nothing about "getting" more needed...

They also do it more efficiently, weigh less, and thus get you better road numbers.

I thought about an LQ9 swap into the buggy for some time, but wouldn't even give it a thought now. For a little more cost, I can get a much better power to weight ratio powerplant in there, that likely may have even more power or close to, an LQ9.

But hey, some people are about V8's like some people are about diesels "12V swap everything!"

What v6 are you swapping in for "a little more cost" that has more power than a lq9? It would have to have forced induction and that hads more than a little cost plus the packaging. I dont think everything needs an ls swap but it power to money spent wise they are hard to beat and are a failry small package for a v8

I was driving a 14 srt grand cherokee yesterday, while it was nice and i could definitely daily drive one, wasnt all that impressed wirh the 6.4
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote