Thread: I went wheeling
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 02:25 PM   #232
Hoofmann
AKA: Kebo

Hello gents! I’m back and I’ve been knocking some projects out on my sh!t box. It feels good to have a place to work again. My garage is still a mess from moving in a little over a year ago, but Jeep projects are always the priority.

I got my hydro ram installed. That was an adventure. I ended up drilling the steering box without taking it apart. That was a mistake, as I accidentally drilled into the steering valve and fvcked it all up. I slapped it all together and the steering worked great going left but i had no power steering at all in the other direction. Feeling stupid, i took everything apart, and took a hard look at the steering box, as i figured it had to be that. Figured out my folly and now I need to finish welding it all up and paint it before it’s all said and done.

Right now I’m working on relocating the fuel tank. When I stretched the wheelbase in 2006, ratchet strapped the stock tank to the tub where the seats used to go. Of course, temporary fixes end up being permanent and I’m sticking it back behind the rear axle again with my spare laid over top at some angle. I will post pics after some more progress.

I’m skipping EJS this year because a friend of mine is having a 40th bday in Moab a few weeks after EJS. I have ~3 weeks or so to finish the projects on my list before I head out to Moab to kick off wheeling season 2023.
Hoofmann is offline   Reply With Quote