View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 09:18 AM   #224
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

and finally ... hello, my name is Matt, and i have a problem. i hoard transmissions now.

multiple times when i was looking for a 5600 while dealing with the G360 issues, there was nothing to be found. or only over-priced swap kits for 2nd or 3rd gen trucks that i was not going to deal with. i finally found one, got it in the truck, got worried it might need rebuilt and started gathering parts/tools. well now i have 2 non-functional 5600 that need rebuilt, the tools, and the rebuild kits ... but where the hell am i going to get the time?!?!?!

first one is completely torn apart, but i believe has all the parts. the rear input bearing exploded and everything else looks minty. the 2nd was taken apart and refreshed by a guy, made it 1000miles, and has locked up. input and counter shaft spin ok, main shaft does not. since he replaced the 6th gear pair in the refresh, i'm guessing he tows in 6th. betting he burnt the first one, i have the receipt for the ebay gears that went back in it, and smoked it again. my hope is that it didn't weld/spin a bearing in the main case. at least that bit is available easy enough.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote