View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 02:26 PM   #12
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Send a message via AIM to MBood82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
one comment i saw scroll past in the chat with the reveal was "If this is over $70k, forget it, just buy a TRX". i think i agree with that!
It's really two different target audiences, I think they both would have their places. For me, the TRX would be awesome but the Wrangler would be of more use for me, especially since it would fit in the garage. I do think the RAM is more vehicle than the Wrangler however, so them having priced the TRX so low does give them some form of upper window they can aim for. I think they would have to lean on the standard content, since the TRX is pretty stripped at the $72k base price.

The question could be more so how does it compare to the Grand Cherokee with the same motor? That comes pretty loaded and has a base price of $69k. The Grand Cherokee has always occupied, status wise, a higher realm than the Wrangler. Are they going to worry about the Wrangler stealing status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
I don't really see how the 392 could be much less than $70K. If you equip a regular Rubicon Unlimited with all the options that the 392 will come standard with, not including the 392 of course, or the bead lock wheels or lift kit, you're already looking at a sticker price of basically $60K. So you're starting with a $60K Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and THEN adding the 6.4L, upgraded wheels, and upgraded suspension. Even at $65K it'd be a steal compared to comparable V6 Rubicon.
I'm sure the 392 costs more for Jeep to build than the ****ty 3.6, and the other differences cost pennies when they are building a new Jeep. It's not like when you buy one and then add it on later, throwing away the original parts. They are buying the same amount of springs, the marginal difference in spring rate/length likely costs them no difference. Their real cost is going to be in the re-engineering they did, which if they sell enough will be offset through the volume anyways.

They may feel they have no choice and price it aggressively, you can get a 400ft-lb gas motor in the Bronco for under $37k. At that price point you are stuck with rather gutless motors in comparison at Jeep.
MBood82 is offline   Reply With Quote