View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 10:14 AM   #17
Cobound
- The Don -

Yeah, I have a bigger soft spot for XJs than TJs...mostly cuz I'm all about the room, gear space and added hauling ability. They both hold their perspective values quite well, also.

I'm w/ you, 3" and 31s is ideal, and I'm REALLY hoping he doesn't destroy this one
As much as I feel like taking the winch/brushguard off, I may just leave it cuz I'm lazy

That said, my daughter's first vehicle was an '01 XJ, low miles, relatively clean by MN standards and she hit a parked car week one, and several months later her front tire came off in a roundabout and caused some damage (luckily she was going slow)...was all good tho, I got an insurance check, fixed all the damage myself and it basically became a free vehicle

Holy hell have prices skyrocketed since then tho!!!! I was going to buy him a bit of a rusty one, but man, they weren't much cheaper and having that shyt in my driveway just didn't seem right, and once they rot they just keep getting worse, and spending money on a rotting vehicle isn't in my DNA.

I'm sad seeing my daughter's XJ start to go...it's yellow so it really shows...and I don't know that it's worth fixing cuz it's almost where you ask yourself, where do you start It'll go a long time tho, so at least she has something to get her from A to B while in college, she can buy herself something nicer when she's done, the natural progression of adulting

This was her first '01...few more options than the current two we own, and I wish I had those wheels for the white one...but it had 170k on it, was starting to nickel and dime and I came across a great deal on a TJ I couldn't pass up so we sold it...she got to drive a TJ for a year - that was a small debacle, but a good lesson for all of us!! Truth be told, I actually MADE more money on that blue one than I spent

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote