View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #1
Kurt
TJ Pimp

Default Rubicon Trip 2018

So I was able to get down to the Rubicon finally to drive, and not be a passenger like I was in 2016. We left Wednesday evening from Portland, OR and drove to Medford, OR to stay the night. Thursday morning headed South...I-5 was closed just south of Mt. Shasta in California due to a huge fire, so we had to detour through Reno. Got to Truckee, CA about 2pm, stashed the truck/trailer at my brothers buddies house, and headed to Loon Lake Campground about 4pm. We set up camp about 7pm as it was getting dark.

Woke up Friday morning and hit the trail about 9am. Amazing weather, and even better scenery. We made it to Buck Island for camp about 5pm and hung out, swam in Buck Island Lake to wash the dust off, and hung out at the campsite.

Saturday morning we had a great breakfast and headed out, making it to Rubicon Springs about 1pm. We set up camp there and explored, hung out, and swam the rest of the day.

Sunday morning we headed out and up Cadillac hill to end the trip. As a driver, this was incredible. Our last trip involved shearing a trackbar bracket on a TJ the first day, cold, and snow. So much better this time around, and much more enjoyable.

Pics:

Buck Island Camp:
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote