View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #8
Kurt
TJ Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
LUCKY FUK'R

#BUCKETLIST

From what I see, looks like a paved highway JK, JK...how would you compare this to what Moab provides?

I've heard that it's a country road, fuk those hippies

Any carnage? Or were you able to keep it clean and exit unscathed?

Its got some pretty good sections with no bypasses. I used the hell out of my rock sliders and gas tank skid plate. I came off a large rock pretty hard and tagged the right rear corner of my bumper, and it hit the perfect spot to push it up into the body a bit. So now I have a bit of a dent where it pushed up just below the bottom tailgate hinge. Thats all though.

The dark red JK in our group tagged his door sill on a rock squeezing through the tree and rock on Big Sluice. My brother in a silver JKU on 35's broke a rear shock in half when he rolled back and a rock got pushed up between the axle and shock. Besides the rock slider and skid plate scuffs and scrapes thats about it.

Comparing to Moab, its hard to do. Moab has plenty of opportunities for damage, but its relatively open and you can choose multiple lines on a lot of things. And, there's plenty of opportunity to die from rolling off a cliff. On the Rubicon, you don't get to deviate from certain lines much, and its one obstacle after another constantly. Large rocks, ledges...much easier to tag bumpers and rock sliders. There's not many places where you're close to cliffs, only Cadillac Hill. I get a kick out of the yellow reflective markers that go down the granite slabs to mark the trail/road.

They are two completely different places, and thats what I love about it. Moab is awesome because of the scenery, waking up and getting breakfast in town before hitting the trail, choosing what trail and how long you want to be out for the day, and returning to the house/condo to relax. With the Rubicon, there are some places to get out depending on what areas you run, but for the most part once you start, you have to come out at the end or turn around. No cell service, beautiful scenery, camping, swimming in the lakes.

We went from Loon Lake and out Cadillac Hill. We could have made it out easily in 2 days, but we decided to relax and make it a 3 day trip.
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote