nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

Time to rebuild

Leaf spring had a bad time

Mocking some stuff up

Swapping in a narrow trac dana 30.

Some new bling for the j10

2 weekends until EJS hope to have a good bit of the flat fender done this weekend. Column is modified and just waiting on a bottom bushing. This Jeep man, everything is broken, welded together etc etc. Even the steering column was ovaled out, had to beat it back round to fit the floor mount. I decided I am going to reuse the stock crossmember. Need to notch it for the steering shaft, and then I will plate the bottom to reinforce. I am getting rid of for now the stock front bumper and building a bumper out of 2x3" tube. After buying it I wish I would have bought .120 wall instead of the 3/16 I did buy. I have enough to build a rear bumper too, which I would like to get done because I have hit the rear tub 2 times in not very many wheeling trips.

Narrow trac axle bolts in and is 1.5" wider on each side so I will be able to clear the 7r16 bfgs better. Dana 25 only has 1 locker option and the dana 30 has a bunch. Also my dana 25 had the weaker bendix joints, which one was making a bunch of noise after running wheeler lake. Dana 30 also has 2 tie rod holes on the passenger side so can run a drag link to the knuckle which I prefer. Also has bigger drum brakes. So now I have 2 dana 25's spares on the side of my house to do something with plan is to use parts from the spares to build a full float dana 41 for the rear eventually.

Last edited by nblehm; 03-18-2023 at 08:47 AM.
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote