View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 01:02 PM   #10
champ
not cool enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
Why do JL clutches suck -

Drivability blows
Mechanical issues - well documented, premature clutch failure, low mileage wear on plates

Honestly, you can Google - Jeep JL Clutch Problems - and get a ton of info...my buddy had a manual JT, it was blah w/ the 3.6, and sucked as bad after his Hemi install...he sold it and bought an auto diesel - F' loves it!

Personal preference, I know...I still like manuals as well, especially in a sports car, just flat out fun. However, w/ the advancements to transmissions, the auto is not only more relaxing to drive, it shifts better, faster and has less failure rates than manuals.

To each their own...just don't buy a JL manual, even the hard core guys went the 8 speed route.
Agreed on all points. I'm usually firmly in the 'buy the manual' camp, but the 8-speed ZF just out performs the manual in nearly every way.

They only way I'd buy/order a manual JL is with the optional 4.88 gears and some assurances the clutch issues have been resolved.

tl;dr: go and drive a manual JK, manual JL, and an auto JL before making up your mind on the manual.

Last edited by champ; 03-14-2023 at 01:05 PM.
champ is offline   Reply With Quote