Thread: JK vs. JL
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 09:16 AM   #19
Cobound
- The Don -

LOL - to each his own, I've just been in the JK, TJ and now JL/JT world long enough to know that there are issues with one over the other.

TJ are nostalgic, but that's it. Unless you're out to Sunday drive w/ the top and doors off, or build a wheeler, it's now become the Tacoma - purpose is to benefit the wheeler or low mile guy, with an antiquated interior, etc. We've had several, long term, daily driver, wheeler, and only way I'd own another one would be to get an Unlimited and do a moderate build, or all out wheeler.

JK - Jeep really did it right here, haters gonna hate, but it's a great vehicle, we've had several and have enjoyed each one. From stock to heavily modified, great in between vehicle...and still reasonable with a manual. I'd recommend a 2012 or newer for mechanical changes and some interior mods, even better a 2015 or newer for some slight interior mods, otherwise they really are all the same.

JL - hands down, my JT is my fav, but I'm a slush box fan and love the auto...the 8 speeds is butter. That said, interior has improved, lots of updates, smoother ride - but well established, the manual blows.

It's not politics, I'm just pretty steadfast in my stance on these

Again, when you know what you're really going to go for LMK and I'll keep my eyes peeled. Be willing to travel for the right one and jump, make it an adventure

Good luck!

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote