View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 01:17 PM   #206
Kurt
TJ Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
LOVE IT!! So on my bucket list!!

This is the third time I've ran it in as many years (1st time I was a passenger) and I can't get over this trail; the scenery, the weather, how it changes from year to year. The trail this year was a bit more challenging as certain obstacles seemed to be more dug out.

We also had more traffic on the trail this year than years past. Same weekend last year, we only saw a handful of other vehicles. This year, we caught up with a group of Toyotas (newer FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser, etc) that were holding up two groups in front of us, and 3 more behind us. Probably 35-40 rigs stacked up behind. This group thought they had too little air in their tires, and decided to air up in the middle of the trail, NOT pulling over! At the time, they were too far ahead for us to get to them to tell them to move off unfortunately. We were finally able to get around all of the groups by taking a bypass around Little Sluice and it was smooth sailing until the final day on Cadillac Hill.

On Cadillac Hill we caught up with a group of nearly stock JL's from Illinois....it was their first time wheeling. They were towing and winching one of the JL's up Cadillac Hill, and mentioned that "Something happened and the rear pinion pointed straight up, so we cut the driveline out" Not really sure what that meant.

Overall, awesome trip.
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote