View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 02:06 PM   #29
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Pricing hasn't been revealed for other equipment options, but considering just two add-ons apparently get the 392 into the $75,000 range, it's definitely possible that $80,000 Jeep Wranglers will be crawling around a strip mall near you very soon. God help us.
I laughed at that one, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
ya know, i don't blame them considering what ppl pay for hemi swaps currently. best case they sell out and make bank ... worst case they sell some, then lower the price to "normal" and still sell out and make bank. there is no downside to starting high for them that i can see.
This was my take as well...plenty of peeps out there dumping $100k on these things already, more will go this route just the same as they don't have to wait and never planned on wheeling or dumping axles in them anyway. Mallcrawl.

They are priced a bit higher than I anticipated, but agree...that said, thought they'd only be slightly higher than the diesel...we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBood82 View Post
This is exactly what I anticipate. Price is higher than I originally expected, I was thinking high $60s for the base 392 version, but this makes sense, they'll sell all they can at list or higher at first, then they'll do like the Hellcats and offer major discounts later. Dodge power dollars was a rebate worth $10 for every hp, you could get a nearly $8,000 rebate if you bought the redeye!

I'm not in the market until February 2023 so I got some time to save my pennies and watch the market. I figure either the original V8 swap rigs will drop in price pretty quick (cough cough lowball Cobound) and I can jump on that, or the 392s will hold their value well enough that I can justify buying one, driving it for a few years until I get tired of it and sell it for most of what I have in it because Wranglers just don't depreciate!
Yeah, the value in mine is truly the 1 tons...Hemi is a nice bonus, half doors, but I'm not expecting to make any money on it should it get sold. Mine is totally niche, not a mall crawler, anyone that were to buy it would want it to wheel, overland, do what it was meant for. Hell, it's overkill and to big for me now, too...if I sold it I'd just turn around and buy another Vette since my JT is set up for all I do now, too...just not going to hardcore w/ it like I did the JK - which was getting more rare - other than my next trip planned for the Rubicon, who knows.

Meh, I'm not looking for another Wrangler, if the JT comes out w/ a Hemi I might lightly consider it...or keep what I have and dump an aftermarket one in since it'd be cheaper than buying and building a new one all over...I'm actually pretty damn happy w/ my 3.6 in my JT that has a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty, it's more peppy than I thought it would be, that 8 speed tranny is da bomb - so I haven't even had the urge to consider one.

So far the JT is not holding the value that a Wrangler does...based on what I've seen in the market. Nothing is cheap these days tho, holy hell.

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote