View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 09:04 AM   #325
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_man_646 View Post
I don't know why, but it always seems funny to me that there's all that turbo weight just hanging off the side of the manifold like that, assuming there's no additional support anywhere.

I swear I've asked but what is under the crank damper with the little pulleys and belt?
right! i felt similar and lots of ppl build big support brackets down to the block for the primary. since mine is over top i don't have good access and started to research it. there's not a single compound kit on the market with a structural support bracket down to the block that i can find. any brackets used on the primary at best resolve the rotation so the hot pipe doesn't spin in the v-band on the back of the small turbo. my bracket will eliminate any possible spin, and provide some structure to keep the welded hot pipe from cracking since it's not carrying all the load.

this manifold has more than enough structure, and so do the 12x M10 bolts holding it to the head. my bits will all hold up ... so it's down to the 4x M10 studs as the only "weak" point. really shouldn't be any problem.

the mini-belt driven thinger under the balancer is my lift pump, Power Dirven Diesel predator mechanical pump. It's built for higher psi and flow than the factory mechanical could ever get too, and similar price to the electric ones.

https://powerdrivendiesel.com/produc...tor-lift-pump/

Last edited by 6DoF; 12-27-2023 at 09:29 AM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote