View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 08:13 AM   #49
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

the crap radio is finally out! thing was soooo bad, the company was soooo bad ... so i followed Sam with the Android radio. so far i love it, i serve a hotspot from my phone. but depending on how it starts, sometimes the audio is mute until you close everything and re-start the music app.

i had been fighting some thermal issues and have been changing things up and adding things. turns out the winch creates a HUGE low pressure at the radiator on the highway. so that sucks and i need to french it down into the frame. however i've done a lot to help with reducing air recirculation, add an oil cooler, hood louvers, etc. sorry for the crappy oil cooler pic, i used the factory hard lines up to the front of the motor, cut them off for compression fittings, and screwed a 12" can style cooler under the radiator.

i also then built a new CAI and it's proven amazing. engine temps are down again just from it, throttle response is up, it even winds out at the top end better. this also means i was able to use more fuel on the highway and my MPG went down

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote