Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Tow Rig Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2024, 07:44 AM   #241
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

vent door seal:
so i ended up using a 1/2" wide, 1/4" tall, 'very soft' peal n stick. tried a firm foam first and it was not good.

shift tower had all the bolts loose and was spilling fluid down the side of the trans. scared me when i saw a huge puddle of trans fluid, but easy fix. added the dual valve cover vent to hopefully huff less oil on the highway, tired of having to clean it off my tailgate n bumper. plus the engine was 3qt low ...

just got the heated seats wired into switches finally ... during the hottest week this year

door sill trim i ordered when i installed the new carpet has just been sitting around so i decided to also install that. why did i wait!??!!?

power steering pump went in a weird way, it just slowly reduced assistance until it finally started to cavitate at lower R's. big bumps would basically shove the fluid back up i think ... maybe the relief valve died? threw in a 2nd gen pump with the dual returns in case i ever swap to hydroboost.

both tabs for the map light finally broke off using them as a cell phone mount, so i redesigned things to clamp to the dash bezel. way way better solution it turns out.

in an attempt to reduce cabin heat and sound, i popped the down pipe out to wrap real quick. while doing that i found where the exhaust was hitting the floor and fixed that too! quick 'titanium' wrap, and back together where the turbo outlet v-band stripped... and this is where i sit currently waiting on shipping for that thing to show up.

and the best update yet, the one i cant' freakin wait to try out as soon as that v-band shows up, the one-pc drive shaft. getting rid of the absolutely TORCHED carrier bearing, and any possibility of it failing ever again. 1410 CV required a new flange yoke for the 205, that is actually a junk yard find front yoke from an np241 Cummins truck. had to get a new output seal since it had a smaller OD on the yoke, but that's easily available. by FAR the cheapest option was to buy the complete CV from Denny's drive shafts and have it built locally, was only $610 total. club cab/long bed, 5600/205, d80, is only a 70.5" shaft.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 07:26 AM   #242
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

HOLY CRAP!! it's like a whole new truck.

either the 2nd gen steering pump is that different, or the pump i had has been failing since before i bought this truck. everything about the steering is just clean now. well, and i greased everything up there

then the drive shaft, fawk, even the clutch is smoother. i knew the carrier bearing rubber was blown out, but would have never expected it to create excessive clutch chatter. i could drive around it, but now i don't have to. again, i've known it was fubar for about a year, but it's obviously been bad since before i got the truck.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 07:59 AM   #243
xj_man_646

Send a message via AIM to xj_man_646 Send a message via MSN to xj_man_646

that is awesome!

I like diesels
xj_man_646 is offline   Reply With Quote