Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Tow Rig Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2022, 07:24 AM   #11
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

Friday:
last 2 times the g360 was rebuilt, i wasn't able to find an NV5600 within a reasonable distance and/or price. i actually found and lined up 2 on Friday for Saturday pick up. TWO! i talked to some rebuilders and everything is still available for the 5600, but why not have a spare? they are a pain to find whole and i will have 2 trucks running them.

now i just have to get the whole rig home. i start playing with it in the parking lot and 1st is FUBAR. slightly rolling down hill, just the lightest clutch pressure, it'll roll over a little and pop out. doesn't matter how little load, it won't make 1 full revolution without popping out. something is bent or broken or both in there now ... but the rest was fine. drove home great in 2nd and up.

Saturday:
first one was about 2h away. i picked it up and seams like a great trans, case is just a little crusty on the outside but will clean up nice. dude was great, easy pick-up, done. the 2nd was another 2h drive, but only 3h from home. scheduled 7-8pm pickup after whatever he was doing, i got to a gas station about 6:30 to chill. 8:30 rolls around, no-call, no-show, and i'm driving the 3h back home with only 1 trans. ghosted. next morning he ties to convince me to drive the 6h round trip again. no, gfy.

1st was bare, 2nd was a "swap kit", so i'll keep an eye out for another reasonable bare trans now. i also find it funny that on thrusday i picked up and installed the new re-tubed front drive shaft. now it's gota get longer again.

6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote