Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Jeep Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2021, 05:32 PM   #41
Cobound
- The Don -

Yeah, one just starting to rust will go $4-5k easily, especially w/ under 170k on it. No rust at all, $6-8k.

Clean, no rust starting, 130k easily $7-10k. Now, that's asking, but I do know you're not going to buy one for under $6-7k...having looked hard all over the place for them, they are priced high and sell fast!! How fast, listed and sold in hours sometimes...definitely in days.

It's insane. That one I posted above for $14k only has 50k miles and looks super clean - but I've been to that dealer and their last XJ was sketchy as hell, even as clean as it was, had tons of red flags, this one is likely the same...it's been listed for a couple weeks and no idea if it's sold cuz it's a dealer and I'm not calling, cuz I ain't interested

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #42
freerider15
shoplifter fail

Send a message via AIM to freerider15

I understand the love for XJ's myself (obviously), but it gets to a point where I hope they'd be spending that money since they have a bit lying around, rather than looking at what that kind of money can buy you. Love my XJ's (mostly) but $8-14k can buy you something a hell of a lot nicer for a DD

Doesn't help I'm tired of working on vehicles to some extent. Nikki's Jeep was getting a little warm so replaced radiator, water pump (again), tstat (again), hoses (again), and the fan clutch.

It's got ~192k on it now, and I'll likely be DD'ing it soon enough.

I'd say Sam's should be able to pull $8k on BAT. For what I see going for $5k easily, I think a super clean, lower mileage specimen should be able to fetch that.
freerider15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 12:16 AM   #43
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Send a message via AIM to Sir Sam

Submitted it to BAT tonight. Put reserve on it at what I would sell it for locally. Time to see what happens next.

Last edited by Sir Sam; 01-08-2021 at 03:47 PM.
Sir Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 12:32 AM   #44
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Have I said lately how happy I am with how these wheels turned out?

Oh you sexy reflective beast:

Surface rust:

Old 01-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #45
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

damnit, i want one!

but i don't even want one that clean, that's too clean ... good luck on the sale!
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:00 AM   #46
ct90YJ
I am da fatarsss

Well done!
ct90YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #47
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
damnit, i want one!

but i don't even want one that clean, that's too clean ... good luck on the sale!
Ya, the last one was a better keeper for us. This one is so clean you feel bad about getting it dirty with how we use it.

At this point it’s cleaner than my MJ! A few off-roading trips has gotten my MJ very dusty all inside it and the dash, this one is 22 years old and inside is cleaner than my MJ!
Old 01-08-2021, 11:19 AM   #48
Cobound
- The Don -

Damn, was I too hasty in my recent purchase? Holy wow...super nice, dude, good luck w your sale, that thing is sweet!

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Old 01-08-2021, 01:03 PM   #49
Cobound
- The Don -

Dude, by the looks of it, you'll do well!

Old 01-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #50
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Yes, I agree it will do well on BAT. Those that brought really good money were lower miles. that one that sold for $3100 was super clean, oddball color, but had over 200k. I think I would have been able to get more on CL here in CO for that gold one.

That being said mine is a little higher miles at 138k, but its in very good shape, so I think it will do well.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:53 PM   #51
Cobound
- The Don -

Higher miles Not at that age...even for BAT. Ours has 121k on it right now, and it's not a BAT worthy one...but I could probably spend a weekend or two and get it up to a good position to price it to make a few bucks. But I'm just hoping it lasts through his high school years and it's the only one I buy...unless I find a super sweet deal for myself some day

Old 01-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #52
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Ok bring a trailer came back and said they would list it with no reserve. I explained I knew I could get my reserve price locally and in a few weeks so I had to insist on the reserve. they said "fair enough, we accept"

so its been accepted, now we wait for one of their auction peoples to review and write the ad, then i get to approve or offer feedback, and then it gets listed, so it seems like its still a few weeks from being listed potentially.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:15 PM   #53
Cobound
- The Don -

Damn, that's a process, huh?

What % do they take, seems like they do some listing legwork on their end to make it present well, no?

Old 01-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #54
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
Damn, that's a process, huh?

What % do they take, seems like they do some listing legwork on their end to make it present well, no?
From me just the $100 listing fee. Buyer pays 5% fee max of $5000.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:38 AM   #55
6DoF

woah, wait a minute ... i was thinking THIS was what sold for $6k already. good lord, you better get like $10k+ for it!
Old 01-13-2021, 12:31 PM   #56
Cobound
- The Don -

Yeah, two different Cherokees, both white

Old 01-13-2021, 02:07 PM   #57
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
woah, wait a minute ... i was thinking THIS was what sold for $6k already. good lord, you better get like $10k+ for it!
Haha ya, the other one was the one that was lifted we took wheeling in Moab. It probably could have done well on BAT, but the body had a few imperfections in it, if I could have gotten lucky on some white junkyard parts it would have looked better, and then might have been BAT material.

I'm not sure this would bring 10k on BAT. BAT seems to be crazy for the odometer reading, stripped down oddball not very desirable XJs to me, but with low miles, bring crazy money.

This is a desirable Jeep for me, since its a good looking sport, but the miles are probably high enough to keep the price from going crazy. I suspect it will be in the 7-8k range on BAT. Regardless of the price whoever gets it will be getting a very solid Jeep, and actually because of the higher miles it will be a better value than the low miles ones that IMO people overpay for.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:12 PM   #58
Sir Sam
Working Mother

Finally got an email from BAT about writing the add and asking for some pics of the records. So it’s getting closer to be listed.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:05 PM   #59
Cobound
- The Don -

Damn, it could be sold by now, no?

Old 01-27-2021, 07:57 AM   #60
6DoF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
Damn, it could be sold by now, no?
crossing fingers for more $$ this way.