Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Tow Rig Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
Cobound
- The Don -

I have other recall stuff being done on Tuesday, so I'll find out then.

What sucks is, I've had 2 exhaust manifold leaks repaired, one on each side, and thought my warranty went to 100k...well, nope, 5 years or 100k and I hit 5 years last April

So, now it's all on me. Time to trade

All joking aside, I love this truck...and I've only had a few things done in any warranty timeframe - exhaust manifold leaks and a water pump. I have 99,550 on it right now...and wasn't planning on trading for the Gladiator even, wanted to save some money.

I'll have to dig into this, def want it fixed. My remote start hasn't worked all winter because of it, all summer either, from what I remember

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
Blue XJ

Send a message via AIM to Blue XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
I have other recall stuff being done on Tuesday, so I'll find out then.

What sucks is, I've had 2 exhaust manifold leaks repaired, one on each side, and thought my warranty went to 100k...well, nope, 5 years or 100k and I hit 5 years last April
My manifold studs broke too, I took it in to get fixed, had to wait 4 months to get into their heavy repair section. In that time the other side let go as well. He said it would have been about $850 if I had to pay for it out of pocket!!
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #3
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
My manifold studs broke too, I took it in to get fixed, had to wait 4 months to get into their heavy repair section. In that time the other side let go as well. He said it would have been about $850 if I had to pay for it out of pocket!!
I fix those on the reg. As long as it's not on a 2500 ram or jeep those manifolds are wicked easy. And the studs usually just spin out.
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
bbaCJ8
old and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_man_646 View Post
Yeah that makes sense...as soon as the check engine light (MIL) comes on, OEM remote start won't work (at least on Chrysler products that I'm familiar with...2011+).
Same thing on newer GM, my wife's 09 Tahoe remote start wouldn't work when it was throwing a CEL for bad cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
Seems to be a common trend for most of the aluminum head engines with cast iron manifolds....or at least the ones I've paid attention to. Got 2 in my driveway that need some studs replaced, but neither has caused any issues besides a tick at cold start so they haven't received any attention yet. Sounds like a project that can wait till spring.
bbaCJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote