Jeepin.com Forums  

Go Back   Jeepin.com Forums > Tech > Jeep Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2020, 05:31 PM   #1
Kurt
TJ Pimp

Default Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392

So who is getting one?

Jeeps releasing more info tomorrow....Really curious about the pricing on it.
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:19 PM   #2
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Send a message via AIM to MBood82

That might be what I trade in my scat pack on.
MBood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:38 PM   #3
Cobound
- The Don -

Too buried in Jeeps now

I’m very interested, and the wife actually said she’d be open to getting a new one herself, until I told her they won’t come in 2 doors

Dealers will get them and gouge the prices, and will already be plenty expensive.

Not all those who wander are lost.

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Cobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:16 AM   #4
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobound View Post
Too buried in Jeeps now

I’m very interested, and the wife actually said she’d be open to getting a new one herself, until I told her they won’t come in 2 doors

Dealers will get them and gouge the prices, and will already be plenty expensive.
I'm not due for a trade in until 2022, so prices should normalize by then. They don't indicate they'll be limited production, which means Jeep will put cash on the hood within a year of the release.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:49 AM   #5
Blue XJ

Send a message via AIM to Blue XJ

I'm guessing a nicely equipped one will be north of $65k
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:03 AM   #6
6DoF
AKA: jeepnski

the WK is on it's last winter ... for real this time. next fall if there are any still available, you know i'll be looking at them.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:04 AM   #7
6DoF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
I'm guessing a nicely equipped one will be north of $65k
who wants to bet that the "launch edition" is like $90k

Mel's reaction has been ... "there is no way i'd spend more for a jeep than my 'vette"
Old 11-17-2020, 07:05 AM   #8
6DoF

link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbjdN8sGa5A
Old 11-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #9
Blue XJ

My parents reaction is always, that cost more than our house! Granted they bought their house in the 70's, I think everything cost more than what they paid for their house

You can live in your car, but you can't drive your house
Old 11-17-2020, 11:48 AM   #10
6DoF

one comment i saw scroll past in the chat with the reveal was "If this is over $70k, forget it, just buy a TRX". i think i agree with that!
Old 11-17-2020, 01:37 PM   #11
Jeepin Jason
I run this joint

I don't really see how the 392 could be much less than $70K. If you equip a regular Rubicon Unlimited with all the options that the 392 will come standard with, not including the 392 of course, or the bead lock wheels or lift kit, you're already looking at a sticker price of basically $60K. So you're starting with a $60K Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and THEN adding the 6.4L, upgraded wheels, and upgraded suspension. Even at $65K it'd be a steal compared to comparable V6 Rubicon.
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:26 PM   #12
MBood82
Turd Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
one comment i saw scroll past in the chat with the reveal was "If this is over $70k, forget it, just buy a TRX". i think i agree with that!
It's really two different target audiences, I think they both would have their places. For me, the TRX would be awesome but the Wrangler would be of more use for me, especially since it would fit in the garage. I do think the RAM is more vehicle than the Wrangler however, so them having priced the TRX so low does give them some form of upper window they can aim for. I think they would have to lean on the standard content, since the TRX is pretty stripped at the $72k base price.

The question could be more so how does it compare to the Grand Cherokee with the same motor? That comes pretty loaded and has a base price of $69k. The Grand Cherokee has always occupied, status wise, a higher realm than the Wrangler. Are they going to worry about the Wrangler stealing status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
I don't really see how the 392 could be much less than $70K. If you equip a regular Rubicon Unlimited with all the options that the 392 will come standard with, not including the 392 of course, or the bead lock wheels or lift kit, you're already looking at a sticker price of basically $60K. So you're starting with a $60K Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and THEN adding the 6.4L, upgraded wheels, and upgraded suspension. Even at $65K it'd be a steal compared to comparable V6 Rubicon.
I'm sure the 392 costs more for Jeep to build than the ****ty 3.6, and the other differences cost pennies when they are building a new Jeep. It's not like when you buy one and then add it on later, throwing away the original parts. They are buying the same amount of springs, the marginal difference in spring rate/length likely costs them no difference. Their real cost is going to be in the re-engineering they did, which if they sell enough will be offset through the volume anyways.

They may feel they have no choice and price it aggressively, you can get a 400ft-lb gas motor in the Bronco for under $37k. At that price point you are stuck with rather gutless motors in comparison at Jeep.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:22 PM   #13
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
who wants to bet that the "launch edition" is like $90k

Mel's reaction has been ... "there is no way i'd spend more for a jeep than my 'vette"
Uhm, you can't take the top and doors off the Vette...AND go offroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
My parents reaction is always, that cost more than our house! Granted they bought their house in the 70's, I think everything cost more than what they paid for their house

You can live in your car, but you can't drive your house
Boom...used to say that all the time about vehicles that had super bling wheels and shiz back in my Corps days wandering around the south. Horrible run down houses w/ super pimped out rides - you can live in your car, you can't drive your house

Oh, when my JKUR was built it cost more than our first house. That said, I didn't build it nor did I spend near that buying it. And couldn't.

Quote:
You can't take the top and doors off the TRX...and you get this in a Gladiator, boom - even badder. Of course, the TRX is super bad ass in it's own right....I just prefer Jeeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
This is the biggest question to date...what will it cost me....I mean, what will it cost

The great irony - triggered snowflakes accusing triggered snowflakes of being triggered snowflakes
Old 11-17-2020, 05:18 PM   #14
xj_man_646

Send a message via AIM to xj_man_646 Send a message via MSN to xj_man_646

I think its sweet. I don't think I'll be buying one until they're clapped out or in junk yards but it is still sweet they're bringing the V8 back to the topless and doorless Jeeps.

I like diesels
xj_man_646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #15
nblehm
Needs moar dagger

Send a message via AIM to nblehm

Quote:

This is the biggest question to date...what will it cost me....I mean, what will it cost
You already have a hemi jeep
nblehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:45 PM   #16
Cobound
- The Don -

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblehm View Post
You already have a hemi jeep

Old 11-18-2020, 07:22 AM   #17
Blue XJ

Quote:
Uhm, you can't take the top and doors off the Vette...AND go offroad

You've obviously never watched Roadkill then..... that is (was) a Corvette

Old 11-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #18
Cobound
- The Don -

Yes, I've seen that...definitely a difference of opinion

Old 11-19-2020, 12:54 PM   #19
Cobound
- The Don -

So, ordering banks opened this morning and those I know at dealers are being swamped

That said, don't think you can order one on Jeep's site, I could not find anything there...and I don't even know if you can get a choice of options or know the price from the dealer, such a cluster.

I can't wait to go drive one tho, if they even let you. Kind of like the SRT8 version of anything, it'll sit on the floor until you pony up the cash.

Old 11-19-2020, 01:30 PM   #20
Hoofmann
AKA: Kebo

B boutta order one!
Hoofmann is offline   Reply With Quote